One thing that troubles many homebuyers is the constant thought that perhaps the previous owner did not disclose everything that was wrong with the property, or that the home inspector happened to miss something serious, and maybe that the previous owner did not take care of the property as much as they should have. Or perhaps, even that the previous owner deliberately covered up damage in order to sell the house. That was the case for a family in Temecula, whom after purchasing a home found out that there was a mold infestation.
The new homeowners in Temecula first realized that they had a mold problem when they discovered mold in their lower kitchen cabinets. They then discovered that there was more mold on the drywall that surrounded the water heater in the garage. The homeowners gave American Emergency Restoration and Reconstruction Services a call and we were able to quickly respond and survey the area. The homeowners told one field team members, Anthony, that they had the home inspected by a mold inspector, and found mold damage in the down stairs bathroom, upstairs master bathroom, and also in the dining room below the master bathroom.
Then the hard work began, with Anthony cutting out a section of the ceiling drywall under the master bathtub. His findings were the fears of many new homebuyers. He found mold as well as high moisture content to the subflooring and drywall. He then had to cut out a small piece of drywall in the garage and found the mold behind the wall as well. This showed the extent of the damage that had occurred and that it would take a lot of work to get the home back to an inhabitable condition.
The steps that we took to fix this problem included:
Mold is one thing that homeowners should take very seriously, and our climate in Southern California can quickly cause an outbreak in a home. Prolonged exposure to mold can have serious health risks and having a professional take care of the job can help your family’s wellbeing.
For this job, the homeowners revealed to us that the previous owner did not disclose this information to them and that is looks like steps had been taken in order to hide the mold damage to sell the home. That is why it is so important to get a thorough home inspection done by a certified home inspector, and make sure that you request thermal imaging, to locate potential hidden water leaks.
Homeowners can sleep more soundly at night knowing that there are home restoration companies out there like American Emergency Restoration and Reconstruction Services, that can help people get their home back to normal, while also making sure that the home is a safe and healthy environment for the family.
7/6/2016 0 Comments
Sewage is something that no homeowner or resident wants hanging around for long. The long-term effects of exposure to sewage can be dangerous for the resident as well as the home itself. Unfortunately, that was the case for one renter in the city of Banning with a sewage leak.
Her story began when she gave her landlord a call to discuss a bad smell coming from the residence. The landlord then told her to contact a plumber to get the smell checked. The plumber gave her the unfortunate news, that she was having a sewage leak. The plumber also told her that there was nothing that he could do to help out the renter because he did not want to get under the house with the sewage to fix the leak, he told her that she should contact a restoration company to clear out the sewage under the house.
The renter then proceeded to contact a restoration company and upon their review of the property, said that they could not clear out the sewage without first having a plumber fix the leak. This restoration company referred her to another plumber and this plumber told her the same thing as the plumber before. That he would not go underneath the house without first having the area cleared of sewage by a restoration company.
The renter again called another restoration company and the cycle continued once more, all while more sewage continued to accumulate and began making matters worse for both the renter and the landlord. Until finally, they gave American Emergency Restoration and Reconstruction Services a call and our professional team was able to assess the situation and develop a plan to take care of the problem.
The steps that we took to ensure that the renter could live safe and comfortably in her residence were:
These steps are what set American Emergency Restoration and Reconstruction Services apart from the other restoration companies in the story. We did what needed to be done to get the renter back into a safe and livable home.
Had this problem been allowed to continue too much more, many problems could have arose. First, the renter could have become ill from being exposed to sewage for so long. Second, there could have been extensive damage to the property in the form of mold or rotting floors. And third, that there could have been a pest infestation from termites and rats.
The tenant was very satisfied with our services and was very happy to have to odor removed and to have the problem take care of, instead of being handed off to someone else.
The homeowner was very impressed with our response time and how we were able to take care of the problem that no one else could.