One thing that troubles many homebuyers is the constant thought that perhaps the previous owner did not disclose everything that was wrong with the property, or that the home inspector happened to miss something serious, and maybe that the previous owner did not take care of the property as much as they should have. Or perhaps, even that the previous owner deliberately covered up damage in order to sell the house. That was the case for a family in Temecula, whom after purchasing a home found out that there was a mold infestation.
The new homeowners in Temecula first realized that they had a mold problem when they discovered mold in their lower kitchen cabinets. They then discovered that there was more mold on the drywall that surrounded the water heater in the garage. The homeowners gave American Emergency Restoration and Reconstruction Services a call and we were able to quickly respond and survey the area. The homeowners told one field team members, Anthony, that they had the home inspected by a mold inspector, and found mold damage in the down stairs bathroom, upstairs master bathroom, and also in the dining room below the master bathroom.
Then the hard work began, with Anthony cutting out a section of the ceiling drywall under the master bathtub. His findings were the fears of many new homebuyers. He found mold as well as high moisture content to the subflooring and drywall. He then had to cut out a small piece of drywall in the garage and found the mold behind the wall as well. This showed the extent of the damage that had occurred and that it would take a lot of work to get the home back to an inhabitable condition.
The steps that we took to fix this problem included:
Mold is one thing that homeowners should take very seriously, and our climate in Southern California can quickly cause an outbreak in a home. Prolonged exposure to mold can have serious health risks and having a professional take care of the job can help your family’s wellbeing.
For this job, the homeowners revealed to us that the previous owner did not disclose this information to them and that is looks like steps had been taken in order to hide the mold damage to sell the home. That is why it is so important to get a thorough home inspection done by a certified home inspector, and make sure that you request thermal imaging, to locate potential hidden water leaks.
Homeowners can sleep more soundly at night knowing that there are home restoration companies out there like American Emergency Restoration and Reconstruction Services, that can help people get their home back to normal, while also making sure that the home is a safe and healthy environment for the family.